SharePoint Managed Support
Support. Anticipate. Plan. Adapt.
At The Solution Collective, our goal is to allow clients to focus on their business – and not get bogged down in the technology that drives it. A Managed SharePoint Support Service from The Solution Collective is the solid foundation that allows our clients to build an agile technology enabled business.
You are the best at what you do and we are the best at what we do – all things SharePoint. Let us take this responsibility so you can do what you do best. Unless you are a SharePoint house, let us (the SharePoint professionals) manage this need for you!
The Solution Collective offer 3 levels of SharePoint managed support service models:
|Service||Bronze ($2,500 a month)||Silver ($5,000 a month)||Gold ($7,500)|
|Local Australian Based Resources|
|Free Initial Health Check|
|Mon-Fri Business Hours Support|
|Level 1 Support|
|Level 2 Support|
|Level 3 Support|
|Daily monitoring (Checklist)|
|Pro-active monitoring and anticipation of problems|
|Monthly Health Report|
|Production Environment Support|
|Change Management (including CAB attendance)|
|Multi Environment Support|
|Disaster Recovery Testing|
|Solution Development Support and Guidance|
|Days on Site (per month)||0.5 days||2 days||3 days|
The Solution Collective works to agreed Service Level Agreements with each client, this is represented below:
|Low||* Minor loss of functionality that does not affect production
* Enhancement request
|Medium||* Moderate loss of functionality that affects production
* Limited impact on users
|High||* Major loss of functionality that affects production
* High impact on users
|Critical||* Production environment is down
* Majority of users affected
The Solution Collective support services ensure the health and stability of SharePoint, helping the business get the most value from their investment. Without these specialised resources in place, there is a risk that:
- Performance – Lack of performance monitoring means that if user engagement with SharePoint increased there is a real risk of performance degradation.
- Security – Without clearly defined governance policies, there is a risk of site security being “open slather”, potentially resulting in confidential data being accessed by unauthorised persons or catastrophic changes being made by users without the understanding of what they are doing.
- Back-up and Restore – Without a tried and tested backup and restore solution, your comprehensive SharePoint farm is at risk not only from a business continuity perspective, but also from a data recovery perspective. Sites, libraries, documents and list items are deleted constantly, and without an effective backup solution can be lost forever.
- Uptime – As a core business system, system uptime is of paramount importance. Monitoring key indicators for potential impending issues and taking proactive action can drastically reduce system outages, ensuring the system is up when the business requires it.
- Disaster recovery – Following on from the backup and restore, having a complete, tried and tested disaster recovery plan and business continuity plan is essential. The mere thought of operating a business without one of its core systems is not encouraged, but not having a plan for that situation increases the risk by a higher order of magnitude.
- Patch Management – SharePoint, Windows and SQL are complex pieces of software, which have security vulnerabilities, bugs, and functionality enhancements over their lifecycle. A proactive patch management process is essential to ensure currency, security and supportability are maintained.